BEFORE YOU BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS, please review the six attachments described below, five of which are required. Once you have all of the required attachments, you may proceed to the Application Form.
ALL ATTACHMENTS MUST BE IN PDF FORMAT
1) Curriculum vitae and bibliography (combined into one document) - REQUIRED
2) A description of the project which will be undertaken during the term of support. This description should be organized into four sections and not exceeding five single-spaced, typewritten pages, including references and figures: - REQUIRED
a) part 1: brief summary/overview describing the nature and duration of the proposed project
b) part 2: project goals
c) part 3: methods
d) part 4: significance
3) Letter of recommendation from the Chief of Staff of your current institution – REQUIRED
4) Letter of recommendation from the Research Project Director at the proposed institution of study (if different than the individual in #3) - NOT REQUIRED UNLESS DIFFERENT FROM #3
5) A brief description, written by the Research Project Director, of the facilities and resources available and of the overall training program, including the number and nature of trainees in this research program and the percentage of time the applicant will spend in non-research related activities - REQUIRED
6) A budget detailing the anticipated expenses for the term of funding, the amount of support requested for each line of the budget, and all additional sources of funding. The award may be used for any portion of the budget, except that it may not be used to pay for indirect costs, capital equipment purchases (unless separately approved by ISHLT and EH), or institutional overhead - REQUIRED
There is an area at the end of this application for you to upload the above required documents.